Monday, February 28, 2011

That's WHY you're my EX.

Hi GUYS! I know I have been M.I.A. and I apologize... again. I promise to get back into blogging, making videos, doing reviews and all that jazz. I was on Twitter the other day and a topic that was trending was #That'swhyyou'remyEX. I then saw that RachD aka LOVEblendnBeauty wrote about it. I thought it was funny and I figure I do MY list of reason's why my exes are my exes. 

I would consider myself still young and pretty dumb about my relationship decision making at times. I am the poster child when it comes to being a doormat and getting walked all over by guys. NO MORE! And no girl should ever feel that way nor think of herself that way. Two words pretty much summed it up for me "TOO NICE." I was WAY too nice and when I got into my first serious relationship when I was 18, I was an idiot. I never dated in high-school just because I didn't really have that "connection" with anyone. So I was a late bloomer. I started dating this idiot guy that was way older, and was way more manipulative. So long story short- I finally found the strength to end it. I'm indifferent about dating him just because I'm happy with the learning experience. I guess when I think about it, I wouldn't regret it. I'm smarter, stronger, and more independent NOW then I ever was. I know what I want and I'm not going to settle for less because I know I'm WORTH IT. And any guy that doesn't want to work hard to get me and to keep me, isn't worth it. I deserve the best because I give the best. 

Here are MY REASONS WHY he's MY EX. 

He's FAKE at FIRST
Have you ever met that guy where he breaks down his entire net worth on the first date? Usually when this happens, he's faking the funk. I always think guys  talk a big talk to make up for lack of other things OR the fact that he just thinks of you as prey and wants to reel you in with his lies. I myself have unfortunately fell for this- just because I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I give everyone a chance to see what they're all about. Remember, a long and healthy relationship is not based on money and superficiality. When he brags that he has all this stuff and drives a nice car and blah blah blah, he most likely doesn't really. Anyone who works hard for their shit let's their accomplishments do the talking. A guy that puts too much effort into impressing you at first usually forgets he needs to keep putting in effort to keep you.

HE HAS NOTHING GOING FOR HIM
A girl needs to feel that she can be taken care of... NOW and in the future. If you've got nothing going for you NOW... then the prospects of the future look slim.

HE HAS NO MANNERS
I can't stand a guy who walks into a room and not says HI to anyone in there, being my friends, family, his friends, ETC. It's just rude. Treat others with respect and you'll get it in return. Introduce yourself! You are NOT King Shit.  Even the small things bug me. Cover your mouth when you cough, hold open the door, say please and thank you... it all adds up. 

HE'S BROKE AND NOT DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT. 
I understand we're in college and getting an education and all BROKE. But being broke to a certain extent. I mean... you CAN get a job. But if you're sitting at home on a daily basis NOT going to school and not getting a job and staying broke... it's a NO GO. 


HE'S CLOSED MINDED & IGNORANT 
I can't stand a guy that is IGNORANT, an idiot, and refuses to learn. I need someone open minded and willing to learn and try new things.


HE DOESN'T LIKE KIDS or ANIMALS
UH... Hello? I'm trying to have kids and raise a family with someone that WANTS their kids.

HE DOESN'T GET ALONG WITH THE FAMS, ESPECIALLY POPS.
Its a fact that the first man a girl falls in love with is her father. I love my dad unconditionally, STRAIGHT DADDY'S GIRL. So whatever man that's in my life really has big shoes to fill. Daddy must approve of him. I'm not gonna be that girl that defies her dad and dates who I want. I know that if I want a happy and long relationship, my dad needs to have my back. Otherwise, I'll sit here and wonder about what could have been.

HE HAS TO HAVE A SENSE OF STYLE
I really cannot date a guy who still dressing like he lives in 1995. You don't need to be dressing in fancy expensive clothes, but PLEASE don't look like you go shopping in your grandfather's closet. Please let your clothes FIT and not hang off you like you just lost 100 pounds. Thanks.

HE HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOR
I need a guy that can make me laugh and keep me laughing! No one wants a monotone dull boyfriend, I know I sure don't.

SO YES. I have EX's and we ALL have ex's because of these reasons. 
I'm in a wonderful relationship now and he's great just the way he is. I wouldn't have it any other way :] Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Come check out my website which has been dedicated to just this topic since I started it in November of 2010. http://www.ThatsWhyYoureMyEx.com

    ReplyDelete