Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FOOD DATES:CPK

Today is such a beautiful day in San Diego.
It started pretty good, but then I took my grandma to this area of town that is inhabited by Asians and I just got overly frustrated. I took her to her doctors- a little hole in the wall office that basically accepts anyone who wants to go. Needless to say, the waiting room was PACKED. So packed they had to turn people away.

My grandmother doesn't speak any English, that's why she insists on going to these mom and pop, Vietnamese owned places for EVERYTHING, including a grocery store, where she can bargain on prices, a pharmacy, where she can request "free samples" and a Vietnamese travel agency that has no customer service skills whatsoever... All these places drive me crazy.
AHHH....... so after all the craziness, the BF took me to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. I haven't been here for a really really long time. I felt bad because nothing looked great on the menu but I just ordered whatever and I was happy with what I got. :) 
White Pizza
A combination of Mozzarella, Fontina, Ricotta, Parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses with fresh sautéed spinach and garlic. I got mine without the bacon, and it was still pretty good. I also requested for a whole wheat crust, and it made me full a lot quicker, but it was still great. Good for vegetarians.

 


The Sicilian THIN CRUST PIZZA: A spicy marinara sauce with sweet Italian sausage, spicy Capicola ham, julienne salami, Fontina, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Topped with fresh oregano and basil. This was a good pizza overall. Too much meat for my taste.





 Korean BBQ Tacos 
Grilled marinated Korean steak, fresh shredded Napa cabbage, Romaine, sweet onions, scallions and fresh cilantro on corn tortillas. Topped with a spicy chili sauce.These were yummmmyyyy. They're a little pricey for just two. $5.99. They remind me carne asada tacos but with way more flavor. They're pretty good overall. 





SO.. ended my day with a little trip to Sephora and picked up a few things, but that will be for a later post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment