Tuesday, March 22, 2011

REVIEW: N.Y.C. Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil

N.Y.C'S
WATERPROOF EYELINER PENCIL
Hello Beauties! I am always on the search for something new to try and it's so exciting to find a product that's always been there but I've never noticed it, and it's also great when it's inexpensive! New York Color is probably one of the more underestimated drugstore brands. To be honest, the only products I use from N.Y.C are their super cheap nailpolishes (which work amazing!) and their eyebrow gel and pencil. I haven't tried anything else, I was browsing their stuff and was looking for a new eyeliner. And these ones happened to be waterproof for $3.99 each. PLUS POINTS!
The only downside is that they were sold out! Except for one that was already opened and jacked up looking. I was on the hunt! So I went to a bunch of different other drugstores such as Rite-Aid and CVS to scounger up the rest. I'm still on the hunt for the other colors! I just wanted to share with you guys the FOUR colors that I was able to pick up.

Smokey Plum, Sky Blue, Dark Brown, and Black
Now what are the differences between the pictures above and below?  
ABOVE is a swatch of the eyeliners just on. 
BELOW is what the swatch looks like after I ran water over my hand AND dabbed with a tissue. This stuff literally would not come off unless I used soap and water and scrubbed. It's pretty awesome!
People say these are the cheap comparison to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners. They possibly are the cheaper version! Of course not as many colors are offered but they still do an excellent job of staying on. 
I'm wearing SMOKEY PURPLE on my lower lash line. I have extra watery eyes and this pencil seems to be working pretty well. :)


♥trang

2 comments:

  1. Great post <3 i've been trying to find a dupe for the urban decay pencils and i think i have found it thanks to you! just followed :)

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive review! I've been buying teh NYC waterproof for a while, but I have a question.... the one I just bought claims to have a built in sharpener, but I can't figure out what that means? The pencil tip has flattened almost all the way down to the plastic. Help please!

    ReplyDelete